Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 182 - Half the Year is Gone

No quote today. Just thoughts from last year. I was looking at what I did last year and had some thoughts to share. Hence the name of the blog. Moving on.

At my wedding, just days away from fourteen years ago at the time I write this, our flower girl was my wife's best friend's niece...you tracking? That little flower girl, one year ago today, was getting ready for her wedding. I guess that is what happens when you have been married fourteen years, your flower girl gets married. I know some of my older readers are thinking I better get ready for this or that but just let me have a little crisis here and I'll be okay when I wake up tomorrow.

Except that tomorrow means that half the year is gone. Can that be right?! It has to be because tomorrow is the mid-point of the year. (Unless you are reading this tomorrow in which case it would be today.)

When I embarked on this project I couldn't have imagined what it would do to me. It has grown my writing abilities and has pushed me into a discipline that has been healthy for me. It has also allowed me to process life in a new way. What I didn't expect was the perspective it would give me. Hindsight is 20/20 and objects in mirror are closer than they appear!

If you set out with a goal in mind this year and haven't started yet this is your time. Do it before the rest of the year gets away from you. Do it before the flower girl from your wedding sends you an invitation to her wedding. Below is a slew of questions, I don't expect you to post answers to them unless you want to. Really they are just there to get your thought processes going and ultimately to get you going. Half the year is gone but you also have half the year ahead to accomplish your goals.

Do you remember what you said this year would be like? What were your goals for the year? Have you accomplished them yet? Why or why not? What obstacles need to be overcome to get started? What would your first steps be?

No comments:

Post a Comment