Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 153 - An Unprofitable Servant

"Inspired from Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Devotional for the day: They laid Jesus penniless in a borrowed grave. He had nothing in death. Friends had to purchase cloth to wrap him and lay him in their grave. How then can we pride ourselves against Him when He would stoop so low for us. Father forgive me for my presumptuous sins. I presume that I am too high and so great in faith that I forget what You gave for me. How rich I am at the expense of Christ! And yet would I hold on to anything?! Here Lord take all for your service. It is my reasonable service and all I have you gave me therefore I am an unprofitable servant. Let me only attend to your needs, wants, desires and pleasures."

Just this morning I was thinking along these lines and echoed King David's prayer: Who am I? And who is my family that You are so kind to us? 

God is so gracious and good that words fail to express how great He is. His goodness requires no less than my all in return, yet even my all is not sufficient for His kindness. 

What emotions come when you think about what God has done for you? How can we express our gratitude to Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment