Thursday, June 18, 2015

Day 170 - Money Is Annoying

"Money is an annoyance right now. Worry would try to creep in but I know better. To trust in The Lord is a safer and better option."

Have you ever felt like wherever you turn there is a problem that the only solution is money? I can tell you from my own experience that there are times when it is so consistent with money needs that I almost want to run out of my office and home screaming. 

I have also noticed that as time goes on and as I have been graciously allowed to prosper that what I was concerned about in the past financially is no big deal today. On the opposite side of that last sentence though is that what is a big deal today is a big deal today. The needs have only grown and the amounts that I have to believe God for have too. 

Even with all that I know better than to worry. If God can take care of the universe He can certainly take care of my financial needs. When worry, doubt or fear tries to come in I give myself a little pep talk and remind myself of two things: God's word and God's faithfulness. 

God's word is true and His faithfulness proves it. Money might be annoying, fear might be creeping, but God isn't moving on either of those. He is moving on our faith in Him to provide. 

Has money ever been annoying to you? Do you ever give yourself a pep talk? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment