Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 169 - The Greatest Tool For Raising Kids

"Praise God we have such good kids."

The greatest tool for raising kids is not discipline even though discipline is necessary. The greatest tool is not care even though care is essential. The greatest tool for raising kids is faith. 

If not for God I don't think I would be sane when it comes to my kids. I would worry and fret about every decision. Should I get shots or not? Public or private school? How do I discipline? 

With God all the worry and fear have no place. My faith in God and His Word answers every parenting question I could ever have. Through the Bible and prayer I never need to wonder how to raise children. The best Father has already given me what I need. 

Ultimately they are not my kids, they are His. If I truly trust God then I trust His ability to raise my children is better than mine. I am here as a parent to give the children the direction to God and His ways. He will take care of them through all the trials of life. 

How does your relationship with God affect your parenting? What scriptures talk about child raising? 

No comments:

Post a Comment