Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Day 175 - Spending and being spent

"Sometimes you just have to spend more and go the extra mile to make sure you don't lose the heart of a person."

It is sad to hear of Christians who are not financially responsible. I personally have had people who call themselves Christians skip out on paying money they have owed me. Not only because I am a pastor but also because I will stand before God and give an account of my life I have strived to live with integrity. 

I love how Paul tells the Corinthians how much he worked, spent, and how he went the extra mile to not be a burden to them. It shows me the example he was setting for leadership and the heart behind the message he was speaking and living before them. 

I gladly give large tips, spend more time with people than I probably should and smile and say hello to everyone (that last one is bigger than we think). It may cost more than I like but it is worth every cent if someone knows a Christian isn't cheap and backs up what they preach. 

What do you think? Are there more ways to express this heart to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment