Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 157 - Missed Opportunities

"I took all the kids home and then prepared for the wedding I had tonight. The wedding was at a golf course. The groom was a nice guy. While we were waiting to go to the lakeside for the ceremony he saw a golfer he knew that was a doctor. The doctor asked him why he was there and he replied it was for his wedding. The doctors response was “Thanks for the invite!” All I could think was that it was a missed opportunity."

The old saying that hindsight is 20/20 is true. We all could look back and see missed opportunities. I know I have wished I would have dove into an opportunity or a deal. I have regretted staying silent when I could have spoken or wished I would have shut up instead of talking too much. 

Whatever the case may be how do we deal with missed opportunities? Are they final?

To some degree we have to accept that a missed opportunity is just that; missed. Oh well. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. But we can't sit and cry over spilled milk. We have to be mature about it and move forward. But now we have wisdom. 

Learn from the mistake. Looks or opportunities. Be in tune with the Holy Spirit and listen for His voice. Part of His job description is that He will show you things to come. If that is the case then you never have to miss another opportunity again. All you have to do is listen and do what He says. 

Have you missed an opportunity? How can we take advantage of when opportunity comes our way? 

1 comment: