Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 179 - When the Bride Walks In

"I did a wedding today and when the bride walked in everyone applauded. It was a first for the weddings I have done."

I remember this day because I had to iron my shirt for the wedding which made me right on time. You never want the bride or the minister late. I rushed to my spot to officiate and after the whole procession came in they opened the back doors to the chapel and here came the bride. She was dressed in white with a flowing train behind her dress. Her flowers were beautifully arranged and she held them perfectly for everyone to admire. All that was second to her smile as she entered the room looking around at her friends and family and finally resting her gaze on the groom. 

Of coarse he was smiling and a bit teary eyed. To be honest I have had more grooms cry than brides. And his gaze was set set the moment she walked in. 

It was such a pleasant surprise when everyone saw her and started to applaud. It was like the rush of wind through the trees that when you hear it commands your attention and makes you take notice. 

I wonder if Heaven will be like that. When Jesus calls us home and we arrive at the gates. The bride adorned for the groom. The gates swing open and we enter in. All around us are sights we have only imagined as we read from the Bible. The golden streets, the crystal sea, the living creatures...and then we see Him. He is there on the throne waiting for us. All of Heaven erupts with shouts of joy and triumph. We are with Him forever. 

What do you like about weddings? What do you imagine when you think of Heaven? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this because I have never considered it before. The bible say Angels have joy over our repentance so maybe they will applaud the day we walk into heaven. Luke 15:10 "In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God's angels when even one sinner repents." I know they must be waiting for all of this to be over too so we can get on with forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also 2 Peter 1:11 in some translations says we will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord. What a great day it will be!

      Delete