Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day 164 - Made Up Words

"It was promotion day for the kids. My son went to his class party for the Jello. He is such a cute and funny kid. He says 'amn't'. As in 'I amn't gonna do that!'"

My family has a way of making up words. My wife made up a word for buying something in the past tense pronounced 'boughten'. You could use it in a sentence by saying 'I haven't boughten them yet'. Of coarse like any good fact checking husband I told her she was using too many syllables and could say the same thing without the 'en' on the word bought and achieve the same result. What is funny about it is that we have heard very educated people use the word in everyday speech as well. I guess she proved me wrong. 

Have you ever made up any words? Could you use it in a sentence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment