Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 168 - Biting the Bullet

"Today I had the most expensive snack I think I have ever bought."

Even though we hate it there are times you just have to bite the bullet. I have been in gas stations in the middle of nowhere that you had to pay an arm and a leg for gas. Then there are the snack stations at amusement parks that the kids can't help but see and want something from. The worst has to be the store that you have to walk through in order to exit a ride. 

The great thing about life and money is that it keeps going. Like the cycle of water that evaporates from the ocean, which forms clouds hat rain on the land forming the rivers that go into the oceans. I just read today that roughly 1% of the world's water is the freshwater used by animals, and specifically humans, to drink. With such a margin you would think we would all be freaking out about how we are going to make it. Yet I would venture to say that even the Californians in the midst of the drought weren't worried about the world's drinking water supply today. 

Don't worry if you have to spend more than you want to. God supplies our drinking water, feeds the birds...worldwide, and even has every star numbered and the hairs of your head numbered. He can take care of your needs. You will also make more money. Believe me, my shockingly expensive snack didn't bankrupt Heaven or end my financial supply. 

What are some other things you have to bite the bullet on? Is there another example of a replenishable resource God gives us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment