Sunday, June 7, 2015

Day 159 - The Song of Heaven

Last year on this day I preached in the Spanish speaking church services at our church through an interpreter. From that experience I wrote the following:

"At the last song we were singing together, the congregation in Spanish and me in English, I got a picture of heaven where all tribes and tongues would be singing the songs of heaven in their own language. It was beautiful."

There will be a day, sooner than we know, when every tribe, every nation, every tongue will sing the song of Heaven. It will be in unison and will be glorious. All are welcome, many are called, few are chosen. But the faithful will be there. They will be robed in white and the praise of God will be their song. 

I look forward to that day and I pray for a worldwide outpouring of the Spirit that people would be saved. I pray that people from all over, from different cultures and diverse social and economic backgrounds would be reached. From the urbanized to the third world to the huts in the most remote jungle I pray they hear and respond to the gospel message. 

I long to see all the nations united by one blood, the blood of Jesus, singing the song of Heaven to His glory, honor and praise! 

What excites you about Heaven? How can we reach more people with the message of Jesus? 

No comments:

Post a Comment