Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day 177 - My Baby Is All Growed Up

"I walked the kids to class. My youngest moved up into the big kids class. I felt a bit helpless like I was letting my baby walk in the street."

Letting go is always tough. I was so thankful that my nephew was in the class and saw my son that day. At least there was some familiarity. It is tough as a parent to release your children to learn and grow. I wish I could deep freeze my kids at certain ages. 

I wonder if God is like that with us. Probably not because He is all knowing and declares the end from the beginning. But I do know that in God's wisdom He does release us. To learn and grow. One of the pictures of God in the Bible is that of an eagle stirring the nest. It does this so that the young Eagles will be uncomfortable and get out to fly. 

In life we are going to encounter those uncomfortable moments but we have to trust that God knows what He is doing. He will lead us and when we follow after His way we will soar like the eagle. 

How did you (or are you)deal with the stages of your children growing up? How do we trust God to get out of the nest?

No comments:

Post a Comment