Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 26 - 'Un' rest

"I had a beautiful nap this afternoon which I woke from and barked at everyone to let me be. How could such chaos come out of such peace in the same man?!"

We call this waking the bear. I guess the root of all this is selfishness. I wouldn't be yelling at the kids for being kids if I wasn't valuing my personal comfort more than being with people who love me enough to want to be with me. 

Lots of fights have started, friendships, relationships and even marriages have been seperated, all because of selfishness. There is no rest for the selfish. 

I constantly have to crucify the flesh. Every day I commit myself to the service of the Lord and declare that I love Him enough to lay down my life, take up my cross and follow Him. I also commit to love those He loves and give of myself for the good of others. 

Have you had any moments like these that we're humorous because of what you did? How do you crucify the flesh? 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete