Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 1 - First thoughts

"I am listening for the voice of The Lord for this coming year. In my prayers I have been desiring to hear His voice and follow Him. I am also fasting this month to silence my appetites and hear Him more clearly."

We have been doing a fast in January for several years now. Every time we do the Lord speaks and reveals some of His plan or counsel. I remember one year I heard nothing for the whole month and right at the end of the fast God gave me a word of encouragement.

Looking at last year's thoughts I see how my situation hasn't changed but I have. There was a list of things that I was believing God for that today I still am in faith for. This could be a discouraging thought but since I know my God and since I am not the same man I was last year it doesn't bother me.

I can also see that there is a real difference between a want and a desire. I had some things listed that I wanted to do but didn't. There were desires that I committed to and I finished. That feels good. I would rather be strong enough to handle tough things than be weak and live a cushy, no problem, life.

When you look back on 2014 are you encouraged? Did your situation change or did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment