Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 20 - Arguments

Reading back through my journal entry from last year on this day I remember it was a great day. We went with some friends on a boat in the ocean and spotted two whales, a pod of dolphins and passed a bunch of sleeping seals on a buoy.

What struck me from this day was not the good that we had but a little line that said my wife and I had a disagreement that morning about our future plans. I find that most couples fight about three things; finances, the future, and intimacy (which often means two different things to men and women). This was our day to fight about the future.

As big as any argument can get all it takes to make it small is to look at God. He is bigger than any problem and bigger than any need. After being on the ocean that day the proof of what I just wrote is confirmed by the last sentence of my journal entry:

"Earlier today we had some intense fellowship over the future and what we both had in our hearts. After being on the water and seeing the beauty of God's creation it made it seem so insignificant."

Have you ever had a problem that seemed huge but turned out to be small? How does your view of God effect your view of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment