Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 12 - Hard Times

"What a rough start to the new year. We are not yet half way through the first month and the tough experiences keep rolling in. Once again I must not let the dark shadow of things that hurt and are painful drown out the light of the glorious goodness of God."

A year after I wrote this the weather today looked like I felt then. Today was cloudy and it rained most of the day. I never saw the sun today because the clouds never gave us a break to see it. Even though it was a cold and rainy day I had no problem driving and looking around outside. Even though I couldn't see the sun I still was able to see from its light.

Problems can bs a lot like that. They come with hurt and pain and seem to overshadow everything that is good in life. What we don't realize is that even on the most stormy circumstances God is lighting the way for us.

I smile when I think of all the experiences Jesus and his disciples had on stormy seas. Think about it; one time Jesus is asleep and they have to wake him up. Another time he walking by and about ready to pass them up while they are struggling. It seems like Jesus doesn't care about the disciples when you look at these two examples on the surface. I know this isn't the case because God loves us and cares deeply for us. What I see here is not a lack of care for the disciples but rather a lack of fear of the storm. How else could he sleep in the midst of a storm? Why else would he be walking by?

If you're in a storm look for the light. God is on your side, you're going to make it through the trial. I did and so will you.

Have you seen the light of God in the midst of a cloudy trial of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment