Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 24 - Like That

"Friendships like that are worth it."

I wrote this simple little line after some friends came home from a trip and shared a moment with me. They went for their ten year anniversary to Bora Bora. A place so nice you have to say it twice. It was the trip of a lifetime for them.

While they were there they took lots of photos. I love photography so I was happy to see the places they went. It was breathtaking and exotic all in one. They had beautiful pictures of crystal clear waters, white sands, tropical fish, over water bungalows and the list goes on.

While they were showing me the pictures we came to one of a island with a few palm trees and an old boat on the beach. They proudly told me that when they saw that old boat they said to one another "Dan would love that. If he were here he would take a picture of that old boat on the beach." So they made a point of taking a picture of it and showed it to me when they got back.

What struck me is that two people, on their tenth wedding anniversary trip of a lifetime, in paradise, thought of me. Yes, friendships like that are worth it. Worth the fight to stay connected. Worth the highs and lows. Worth the investment and the love. Worth my prayers and future.

Do you have a 'like that' in your friendships? Has anyone blown you away with their thoughtfulness?

No comments:

Post a Comment