Monday, November 30, 2015

Day 335 - The Redeemer

"Not a bad day."

Most days when I journal and look back on the events that took place I realize that as bad as it may have seemed at the time it really wasn't that bad at all. Even a boring day without much activity has its own special graces. 

Blogging this year has shown me that after all the struggles, joys and monotony of last year God has had His hand in all of it and there never is a bad day. There are days that have bad things that happened but really the day itself is redeemed by God. 

The worst day that ever could have been was the day Jesus went to the cross. That day is remembered as Good Friday because of the redemptive power of Jesus. In the same way when God is at work in our lives the days are redeemed. The book of Romans tells us that God works all things together for good to those that love Him and who are called according to His purpose. That is you and me! 

When you know this it changes the way you view each day. I pray every night before I go to bed and always find that I open my prayer with thanks for the day that is coming to a close. I often think those words to be strange when I have had a tough day. When I think of it though I know that I really do mean it because God is up to something good. How can I not be grateful? 

As you read this I hope you are realizing how good God is and how today may be tough, good or boring, but it was not a bad day. 

How have you seen God turn bad days into good ones? How do we cultivate a heart that says thank you in tough times? 

No comments:

Post a Comment