Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 317 - Creativity

“Because Poetry and Hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.” (Winnie the Pooh) 
A. A. Milne

There has been much said from people more creative than me about how to be creative. For everyone there are things that spark creativity and things that hinder creativity. Here we find the wisdom of Winnie the Pooh. Atmosphere can provide an avenue for creativity. 

There are spaces, times and factors that help us to think in creative ways. There are times that I need absolute silence to create so that my mind is not cluttered. Other times I want music blasting. Some are more productive in the morning or, if you're like me, night time is prime time. 

Lighting can even play into the equation. Bright open spaces will produce one effect on the mind whereas a darker more enclosed space can produce another reaction. I personally like the bright open spaces because dark and confined makes me feel enclosed. I like to see farther and greater. 

If you feel like you have hit a wall with your creativity it might be time to rearrange the furniture, open a window or go for a walk. The atmosphere you work in can be a catalyst to your creativity. 

What are your peak times for creativity? What spaces spark ideas and creative thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment