Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 315 - Attitude Adjustments

"I pulled him aside for a while so that both our attitudes could improve."

The day was dragging on. We were going from store to store and my eyes had glazed over. My strength was sapped like Superman next to Kryptonite. I noticed one of my sons unraveling. His actions and words were getting louder. 

What I didn't see was the person he was taking his cues from...me. 

We often don't see ourselves until someone points it out. They may tell us what we are doing but most of the time they won't say a word. We see it in their eyes. We hear it in their responses. I saw it in my son that day. 

Have you ever had one of those moments when you realize you were wrong or that what you thought was appropriate was out of control? How did you realize that? Most likely it was during or after the fact when someone told you a different perspective than your own. 

Look for the signs and see it in their non-verbal communication. Be open to change and ask how people see you. Get ready to hear things you don't like. If they love you then they will tell you the truth but they will also help you to change. It helps to have someone to hold you accountable. 

That day my son and I sat for a while and we went back together with better attitudes. 

How do you see yourself in others reactions? How do you change for the better when you see these things? 

No comments:

Post a Comment