Sunday, July 26, 2015

Day 208 - Look Right Through Me


"The cry of my heart tonight is “Lord I need You!” Everywhere and in every way. May I not get puffed up with the praises of men or caught up in my own publicity. I humble myself and exalt Christ."

It almost seems counterproductive to post this section of my journal because it deals with humility. You can tell someone is not humble when they tell you they are. I am not tooting my own horn, I am revealing a very personal cry of my heart that I pray daily in hopes that it will help you. 

I battle pride. The Bible calls it a snare of the devil. I don't want to get caught up in it and have everything I have worked for end up in ruins. When we get into pride the Bible tells us we will actually have God opposing us. It is only in our humility that we will receive the grace of God we need to get the job done. 

I recently read a story of a man who was watching a goat ascend a small trail up the steep part of a mountain. On this narrow trail another goat came down and the two met face to face. At first they paused and then both stepped back a few paces. Then to the man's amazement he watched as the first goat knelt down and allowed the other goat to walk over it's back in order to get by. Then the first goat stood up and continued climbing the mountain. 

It is when we humble ourselves that we will be exalted. The way up is down. When we lower ourselves in humility and submit ourselves to God's will and way for our lives He Himself will lift us up to where He wants us to be. 

The cry of my heart is that people would look right through me and see God. It doesn't matter who knows my name. What matters is that they know the name of Jesus. 

How do you battle pride? What are some ways we can humble ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment