Saturday, July 18, 2015

Day 200 - The Adventure of Life

"It was an adventure."

In flip flops, my wife and I took our son and nephew down a steep trail following a gorgeous waterfall. We slid down several places and had to climb through some rough and dense foliage. At the end we made it to a road that went by some cute little cabins and ended at a bridge in between twin lakes where we met the rest of our family and turned around to see our trail down the waterfall from the other side. 

Without an adventure life is just boring. We all need a bit of excitement and the unknown to keep our blood pumping. 

This past year I have launched out on a few adventures. While keeping my roles as a man of God, husband and father, pastor and spiritual leader I have also expanded my business, given generously more than I thought I could and published a children's book. 

I never dreamed of the life that God would lead me to. It is an adventure. Faith is an adventure. Marriage is an adventure. Parenting is an adventure. Business is an adventure. Life is an adventure and it is worth venturing out. 

Do you see life as an adventure or a drudge? How does seeing life as an adventure change how we live it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment