Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 185 - Independence Day, Happy 4th!

"After dinner the kids swam until the sun went down."

On the Fourth of July it has been a pretty steady tradition that our family gets together to swim, eat, and go watch fireworks. Pretty simple but I am grateful for it every year. I have seen the best fireworks show in our nation over the reflection pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial. I wouldn't trade it for what I have when I sit and watch with my children listening to their ooh's and ah's. 

I enjoy my day because people stood up for what they believed. There were men and women who thought enough of what they believed to pay the ultimate price and lay down their lives for freedom. I am grateful to each and every one of them. 

I know our nation has flaws and is growing worse with age and not better but it doesn't change my opinion of the U.S.A. I still hold our nation in high regard and pray for our leaders. I still prize our land and see greatness all around. We are still the land of opportunity, we run to the aid of other nations and we still can believe what we believe without our government putting us in prison or telling us what to believe. 

Join me in celebrating our great land and say a prayer for our leaders and your fellow Americans!

What do you enjoy doing on the Fourth of July? What do you enjoy about the U.S.A.?

No comments:

Post a Comment