Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 197 - Get To Talking

"We had a long conversation about it."

Life carries a lot of trials with it. I have found that burdens carried alone are heavy. Sharing the burden makes them light. We are told to cast our cares on the Lord because He cares for us. Additionally we as Christians are encouraged to bear one another's burdens and fulfill the law of Christ, that is, the law of love. It is out of love that we can encourage one another and lift each other up.

Many times I have thanked God for my wife, close friends and mentors who have listened to me and took the time to talk things through with me. Without someone to lift me up I would have surely fell under the weight of the cares.

I am always grateful to be that person for others too. It is a wonderful feeling when you know that you have been used by God to encourage someone in their life. Sometimes all it takes is a listening ear or sharing a scripture that helped you.

Have you ever been encouraged by someone through a good conversation? What are some ways we can encourage others?

No comments:

Post a Comment