Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 194 - Attitude is Everything

"There was a bunch of traffic so what should have taken us an hour took three to drive."

The frustrations of life can overwhelm us if we let them. With this traffic last year were all kinds of other frustrating factors; the heat, hunger, upset stomach, kids whining and tiredness from the long weekend. We had every reason to have a bad attitude. 

What is amazing is that we have a power that we often overlook. The power is in our choices. We can choose to be frustrated, angry and nasty or we can choose to put on a smile, laugh and take the lemons of life and make lemonade, or lemon meringue pie, I would opt for both. 

Don't let life be a drag. Head up, shoulders back, smile and laugh. I had a friend in a wheelchair who was disabled who had every reason to be down. Every time I would ask him how he was doing he would say "Every day above ground is a good one!" I like his attitude. As long as I have breath in my lungs I will praise God! Take it a step further that if this body is below ground then my spirit is in heaven and I have a new body that will be praising God eternally. 

With that in mind I can handle traffic, hunger, and anything else life throws at me. 

Do you find it easy or hard to choose your attitude? Do you agree with the statement that attitude is everything? 

No comments:

Post a Comment