Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 207 - Passion

"I preached a passionate word to the end that my voice was starting to go on me."

Is there something you are passionate about? Something that moves you? Something that wakes you up out of bed? 

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said "If a man has not discovered something that he will die for he isn't fit to live."

Now before you get down on yourself if you haven't discovered that something yet remember that there is someone Who is passionate about you. When you get a hold of how passionate He is then your passion becomes like a fire within. 

God is passionate about you. That is why Jesus went to the cross. His passion led Him to die for you. 

When I understood the passion of God it changed my life. It has fueled every decision I have made. And now my life's work is telling others the good news that God loves them and is passionate about them. 

God wants to be involved in our lives on the macro and micro levels. He delights in us and dances over us with joy. That is kind of a weird thought, God dancing. It shows His passionate love for us. As a Father with their children so is God with us. 

How does knowing God's passion for you fuel your passion for Him? How can we express that passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment