Friday, May 1, 2015

Day 122 - Stress Dreams

"I can tell the pressure is on me. I had a dream that it was the day before the event and swarms of volunteers were coming and we were setting up but the grass was all dead."

This is a pretty tame dream for me. I have had dreams that I just stepped out of the shower and was wearing only a towel and walked out on to the stage where I was to preach. Talk about a stressful dream! 

I have noticed that when the pressure is on I tend to have these types of dreams. I am not sure that there is a deeper meaning to be interpreted other than that no one likes being undressed in front of a crowd. I know for the dream I had last year I wanted everything just right for the event and my mind went to dead grass to express the concern and stress of the process leading to the event. 

The answer to all of this is prayer...and Bruce Lee.

Let me explain. The first year I did a Men's Conference at the church I wasn't able to sleep at all. I don't know which is worse, stressful dreams or not being able to sleep. You end up tired in the morning either way. Since I couldn't sleep I got up and went downstairs. My back was hurting. I brought the stress to the Lord and gave it to Him in prayer. I love that the Bible gives us permission to cast our cares on God. He can handle them when we can't. He knows them already and knows what He, or we, will do with the situation. 

After praying and casting my cares I got a massage pad on my chair to relax my back and watched a Bruce Lee martial arts movie. There is no cure for cares like prayer and a kicking karate movie. After releasing the cares and watching the bad guys get beat I slept like a baby. 

Okay, if you don't like movies maybe there is another stress relief you can use in the natural to partner with the spiritual stress relief. Exercise, journaling, music and art are all ways I release the stress of the day and get my focus off the stress and problems. 

Have you ever had a stress dream? What are some natural ways you relive stress? 

No comments:

Post a Comment