Friday, May 15, 2015

Day 136 - Passionate Prayer

"A passion to pray came over me at the end of my prayer and I could feel that I was getting somewhere in the spirit." 

There is prayer and there is passionate prayer. I can talk with God and then I can have a deep passionate communion and fervent faith filled prayer time. I pray every day but much to my dismay I don't have this passionate prayer every day. 

That is partly due to my struggle with the flesh or lack of taking real time to get into prayer and is partly due to the necessity of this type of prayer. The book of Ephesians describes different types of prayer. In fact we are to pray always with all kinds of prayer. We should employ a passionate prayer with our heart every time we pray. It will be fight to get there but we can make. When we do the results are awesome. 

Nothing gets done on the earth without prayer. Everything is started in prayer, sustained by prayer and is finished in prayer. If we are going to get the job done in life we have to first get the job done in prayer. 

What are some hindrances to a real passionate prayer? How can we overcome these hindrances? 

No comments:

Post a Comment