Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 146 - Honor

"We got going to the pool at around 11 and the kids didn't stop swimming until around 6." 

I wrote this on Memorial Day last year. It is so striking to think that for seven hours my kids were able to swim all day because there were brave men and women who gave their lives to protect our freedoms. 

I am an idealist I guess. I still believe that the United States is the greatest nation on the planet. I enjoy our freedoms and I am grateful that there were others who thought the same and were willing to die for that ideal. 

If you're reading this and you have served or your family has served in our armed forces, thank you. Thank you for the sacrifices you have made. Thank you for protecting our freedoms. Thank you for the safety we feel and for the opportunity we get to live the way we do. 

What did you do on Memorial Day this year? Do you remember last year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment