Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 140 - Weight Lifting

"Today was more of a relaxing day."

My title is a play on words. As you can see my quote from last year speaks of relaxation, not working out. I wrote these words after some stressful days. My days off were even work days and I was under financial pressure and had deadlines fast approaching. As time went on though the weights that I was carrying started to lift off my shoulders and I was able to enjoy a day off with my kids who literally played morning noon and night that day. 

If you are going through a trial today look up. There may be a weight on your shoulders now but as time progresses the Lord will either lift the burden or make you stronger. You just have to trust him. 

They say hindsight is twenty twenty. If I knew today what I knew then I would have not worried and took my time with decisions. But I guess I had to go through the trial to learn that so I will store it for next time. Experience is valuable if you learn from it. 

What experiences have you had that you learned from? What was the lesson? 

2 comments:

  1. I spent a a few years doing outdoor experiential education with youth, one thing we always used to say... There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is ....not learning from experience. Raising kids especially, I like to let experience teach them and I think that experiences (especially the outdoors) facilitate and bring forth the unseen rather quickly and dramatically at times. This is part of what I value about being active and exercise in general. Specifically, In the outdoors, I have seen where my mindset and thoughts have affected my physical performance. One example, With backpacking, I really felt weak, and struggled on the trail- and spent a lot of time thinking about my weakness and how I didn't measure up. When I chose to focus on other people, connecting with them and sharing stories, I was physically stronger partly because I wasn't focusing on myself or my weakness (this was before I really knew how to apply the word to my life) I really love how gracious our Father is that He allows us to learn from our mistakes- and that the Word meets us with Gods truth regardless of our perceived failures. I think sharing our experiences connects us as a family and allows us to sharpen one another and its beyond value!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, God is so gracious to let us learn through our mistakes. Sometimes more than once! How patient and longsuffering He is. That is also a very powerful truth you shared of perceived failures. How we perceive life can cripple us or cause us to thrive. Good stuff!

      Delete