Monday, May 4, 2015

Day 125 - Next Generation Ninja Turtles

"We decided to reward the kids for good grades and they wanted to spend some of their money so at Toys R Us they got some toys they liked. It is fun to see the second generation of toys we had as kids. Micah got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. I always liked Michelangelo but he wanted Leonardo because he was blue."

There is nothing new under the sun. Did you know that is in the Bible? I love seeing what they have done with the toys we had as kids. It is like I get to relive all my childhood memories through the eyes of my children. Thank goodness my mom kept some Lego's and transformers! 

Speaking of which I wish the Transformer's movies were more accessible to kids. What fun is a childhood memory you can't enjoy with the kids? On another note they really have done a great job with the Lego Movie and isn't Barbie's life in the dream house hilarious? (I'm asking for a friend...) 

What can we learn from all this? Well...if you don't like the way things are wait a little while and they will change. Much like the weather in the Midwest. You can count on things that you do like coming around every so often. Also cherish the times you have and when you can enjoy them with someone else have fun with it. 

That is my take, what lesson do you see in all this? What were your favorite toys when you were a kid? 

No comments:

Post a Comment