Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Day 126 - Just My Luck

"We went on a hike in Oak Glen with the family. It was fun but cold. I don't know why both times we have done this hike this year it has been bitter cold."

Have you ever had reoccurring things happen to you that made you think "Well, that is just my luck"? It seems like sometimes when things happen like this we raise an eyebrow and wonder if there is any significance. 

I am not sure that there always is or isn't. What I do know is that God has ordained all of our steps, every day is the day that the Lord has made and He is working all things for my good. So what if it is a cold day both times I went hiking at the same spot?! We had fun and I probably would have enjoyed a cold hike more than a hot one! 

We have to watch our attitudes. Otherwise complaints creep in and eventually we speak negative stuff over our lives. Perfectly good days get ruined with complaints. Look for the silver lining and speak what God says. It is a good day. God is doing something good on my behalf. My steps are ordered of the Lord! (Try it out right now and see if you're not smiling by the time you're finished.)

Have you had experiences that made you wonder if it was 'just your luck'? What are some other positive confessions from the Word we can speak over our day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment