Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day 123 - Work in Progress

"Thank God He is gracious and kind and isn't finished with any of us yet."

God has forgiven us and with that forgiveness cast our sin as far as the East is from the West. While we live in this present truth we also know that there is still a war in the flesh against the spirit. In 1 John we are told that if we say we have no sin we are liars. Thank God He offers not only past forgiveness but also present forgiveness if we confess and repent. 

Knowing this isn't enough. We must live in it. If God isn't finished with me then I know that tomorrow is going to be better than today. I also can forgive myself and strive to do better with every life lesson. 

If God isn't finished with others then I can be patient with them, just as God is patient with me. I also can extend the same forgiveness that God gave me. 

Finally if I know all this then I should be the most grateful person on the planet. He who has been forgiven much loves much. A thank you should be on our lips every moment of every day. 

Have you seen growth over the years while God patiently worked with you or others? What other applications do you see that we can live in this truth? 

No comments:

Post a Comment