Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 151 - Help Yourself

"It touches the heart to help people."

I find that when I help people I help myself. It may touch someone that we meet a need in a practical way but at the same time it touches my heart when I help them. 

Have you ever done something for someone else and afterward your heart was soaring? That is the feeling I am describing. You are helping yourself by helping someone else. 

My heart grows more tender to people and I am closer to God when I step out and help someone. I remember a time we were leading a team of teenagers into Los Angeles to expose them spot the melting pot of cultures and the diverse needs of the community. I was dreading the trip for weeks beforehand but once I got there and started helping people that all changed. I was soaring on a spiritual high for weeks after. 

Don't wait! Get off of yourself and go help someone else. You will be helping yourself!  

Have you helped someone else and felt good afterward? Why do you think that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment