Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day 243 - No Man Knows


"It's crazy to think that someone came to church today and they didn't make it home."

Last year a man came to church and had a heart attack. He was transported to a nearby hospital and died. Thankfully we found out that he was a believer and had a solid relationship with the Lord. We know where he is now. 

Jesus speaks of his coming as a thief in the night. No man knows the day or the hour He will come. We need to be ready for His return. We need to live right and help others with their eternity as well. 

I have heard young people say "I have time". How foolish. I have done funerals for young people. Some have said "On my deathbed I will get right with God". I am not so sure that will work because God sees the heart and if it isn't genuine it won't be accepted. God is no fool and He isn't mocked. 

Today is the day of decision and now is the time of salvation. If you haven't yet given your heart and life to the Lord I would like to offer you the opportunity (click here). If you know that you're born again but haven't been living like you should it is time to repent and renew your relationship with the Lord. Pray and ask forgiveness and start now on the things you should be doing. 

How do you feel when you think about the Lord's return? What are some ways we can prepare for His coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment