Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day 239 - Does It Have To End?


"Oh the joys of going back to school and summer ending. I love summer. I wish it could be the endless summer of the movies traveling around the world crossing the equator in search of the perfect wave. But instead I have to send my kids back to school. Not so bad when you think of their education, social life and special times of the fall winter and spring. This morning we had the pre-school year Dr's visit. The kids were cute as they got their height, weight eyes and ears checked. It was a lot like a new fun game for them. I had an appointment so I left and Jess said from then on it turned. Suddenly there was the small room with three antsy children in robes and underwear climbing all over the place. Jess said that they were in there an hour."

One of our pastors on staff at the church who is very wise shared a bit of wisdom with me during the change of a season. He said that God gives us the seasons and times in order to bring to light different truths. He went on to explain that we should use the times and seasons to teach and understand more about God. 

This season has been amazing. I look over what we have done this summer alone and I am amazed. Expand that to this year and I can hardly believe everything that has taken place. We pack into one year what some may take decades to accomplish. I am not bragging it is just the reality of the fast paced life we live and the church we are a part of. God is doing an abundance in our church. We don't even know the half of it. 

When the seasons change it is the natural tendency to mourn the loss of what we are enjoying or resist the change of pace. When I find that I am in that state I remind myself that there are blessings of each season. Even though summer is my favorite season and I like heat more than cold I can't resist smiling when I think of playing in the snow with my children. I would never enjoy those blessings without a winter. 

Whatever season you are in be sure to enjoy it. If your season is changing don't worry. Get excited! There are specific blessings coming to you in the season that is ahead. 

What is your favorite season and why? How can we enjoy the season of life we are in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment