Saturday, August 15, 2015

Day 228 - Respect For Others

"They wanted to keep it private." 

Over the years there has been plenty of opportunity for me to expose what I know and who I know it about. I could have elevated myself or my position. But loose lips make for shaky relationships. 

Not everything that could be shared should be shared. It is better to respect others and stay quiet. Pray about it if it bugs you. But keep your prayers to yourself too. Enlist your spouse or a private confidant if you need to vent. Otherwise it is just gossip veiled as a prayer request. 

That same respect that you have for others they will have for you. When you share something and ask that they keep it private they will respect your wishes. What you sow you will reap!

How can we respect others when it comes to private matters? How else can we build trust? 

No comments:

Post a Comment