Sunday, August 23, 2015

Day 236 - Have You Heard?

Avalon harbor dock overloaded with small boats

"I could tell a lot of people had never heard faith taught." 

In the church world it seems to be a constant turnaround. People come and people go. One pastor commented that we pastor a parade. Whoever is in front of us we minister to with the understanding that they are just passing through. 

With this understanding I often will find myself repeating concepts and preaching the same thing over and over again. This is not only good for those who haven't heard but it serves as a refresher for all of us. We need to hear things more than once and be reminded and stirred up from time to time. 

The remedy for all this is to be consistent. If I could speak anything into someones life it would be to stay faithful to God and be consistent in church. Wherever you are at, and I know that people read this all over the world, get into a local church and be consistent. 

I recently went to Catalina Island. I hadn't been there in decades and the one time I went was for a concert and I didn't get to experience the island. In the main bay there are boats all over the place and they moor out in the bay. Everyone rides their smaller boats to get to shore. There are often too many boats for the dock. The image left an impression on me.  

What we need is more people that are stable and willing to stay in the same place.  Consistent people serve as an anchor for others. Eventually they will see the blessing of being stable and consistent. In the Psalms is says that people who are planted in the House of God will flourish in His courts. Our lives will be blessed by the consistent nourishment we receive from regular church attendance, fellowship and prayer in agreement with faith filled people. 

Have you seen the benefit of consistency? How did it bless your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment