Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 262 - Stepping Into the Void

"I enjoyed coaching the team."

I am a full time pastor employed by the church. My weekends are workdays. I work Wednesday night's for church services and in the fall I teach in our Bible College. I never thought I would be able to coach my son's soccer team. But that is exactly what happened last year. 

The coach who was supposed to run the team was taken away from coaching by his work schedule and he commissioned all the dads to step up and help cover the bases. For the most part we did it all together. But as the season progressed and work schedules for the dads changed we all had to lead at some point. So in the void of leadership I found myself running practices and organizing the team. 

It was different and I did enjoy the competitive aspect of the game. I lead for a living so some of the skills needed to coach came naturally to me. I wasn't able to be there one hundred percent of the time but when I was there it was a nice change of pace and most of all I got to be with my boy on the field. 

Sometimes it is moments of crisis or in a void that we have to step out in faith. The neat thing about it is that no matter how scary it may seem or how insecure we can be God is with us. We can't lose when we step out in faith and He backs us. Stepping into the void can be scary. It can also be some of the best times of life. 

Have you had to step out into an area you were uncomfortable with? Did you end up enjoying it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment