Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day 252 - Finish the Sentence

"For some reason I got it in my head to make crab cakes. I got a recipe from the How to Cook Everything app. They turned out well. Pretty tasty."

I like to cook. A bit of culinary adventure from time to time makes me happy and if I had a stronger stomach might even consider being a 'foodie'. Last year I ventured out and made crab cakes (which I posted a picture online and got rave reviews). All I needed was a recipe, ingredients and the drive to make it happen. 

Lots of things are like that. You could build a business or finish that home project if you had the right stuff, the plan and the drive. You could have a great marriage or be a wonderful parent if you knew what to do and really wanted it. 

I find that there is usually not a lack of resource but rather a lack of drive. People want something in their minds but their hearts aren't in it enough to go after it. They don't want to sweat or bleed. They would rather not be sore or tired at the end of the day.  

Finish the sentence; "I can do all things..." We know this verse and we also know that it is "through Christ who gives me strength". But we lack the drive. The statement Paul made when he wrote this was saying that Paul had no obstacles, not even himself. When you have this attitude that you can do it, you will. But if you don't think you can then you won't. It starts in the head but then it is backed by the heart. 

Today examine your dreams and see if you really want them. If so then it is time to declare that you can do it through Christ. The resource will be there if you have the drive. Even if it is just to learn to make crab cakes. 

What are some things you have desired to do but haven't got started on yet? What are the obstacles and how can you overcome them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment