Thursday, September 17, 2015

Day 261 - What Can I Do?

"Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial." 

The above quote is a loose version of what you find in 1 Corinthians 10. As Christians we have many freedoms that we can and often should forgo for the sake of others. It is more important to win souls than to be comfortable. 

The question that is often asked is "What can I do?" Or more accurately; " How close to the line can I get?" At its core the question could be likened to being on the edge of a cliff saying "How close can I get to the edge effort I fall off?"  We see the folly in that question. 

I often suggest to people with this question that they look at the benefit. If it is not essential or beneficial then why get close to the line at all? I would rather live and major on the things which will benefit and bless. Too many times we focus on what we don't have rather than what we do have. What we do have is greater and more important to our future. 

What are the essentials? What things are beneficial that we should focus on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment