Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day 260 - History is on Repeat

"The church service went well with a good message on where strength comes from and working with the strength of God in humility, holiness and happiness. Afterward we opened it up for the baptism of the Holy Spirit."

At 260 days into this blog and after keeping a journal for 625 days I have noticed that History is indeed repeating itself. I used to think of it in terms of the same thing happening in a different time with different people and different circumstances. What is really tripping me out is that in my journal with the same people in the same places and roughly the same time, only one year apart, the same things are happening. 

Case in point; last year's quote shows that on the Wednesday night this day a year ago the topic was "Strength" and we opened it up for the baptism of the Holy Spirit after church. I just got home from Wednesday night church a few hours ago where the topic tonight was "Strength" and at the end of the service we opened it up for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. 

This isn't the only occurrence of this type of thing happening. I have seen through my journal that for the most part I have preached the same days, did activities on the same days and even fought with my wife on the same days. This is either a crazy coincidence or God is getting our attention in the details. 

Moses prayed in Psalm 90 to the Lord to teach us to number our days that we might gain a heart of wisdom. This year I have seen that as I have numbered the days and stayed faithful to my commitment to journal and blog I have gained wisdom. I have seen the truth in the statement that hindsight is 20/20. I am also going into the future with greater confidence in the Divine Providence of God. 

Our steps are ordered of the Lord. It is obvious when I see things like today's entry. God knows what He is doing and He will give us the wisdom we need each day. 

How have you seen history repeat itself? What wisdom did you draw from it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment