Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 96 - The Sweet Spot

"In the morning services we had 57 salvations! I don't think we realize what a move of God is going on at our church. Our prayers are heard for the lost and are being answered."

In sports the sweet spot refers to a place where your greatest strength is achieved. For us as Christians there is a sweet spot as well. It is in our weakness. God says that His strength is made perfect in weakness. That means that when we are weak yet dependent of God it is the sweet spot. 

When I read the numbers of people who responded last year to our altar calls in the morning services over one weekend I am overwhelmed and humbled. Recently I preached a weekend and before I ever got to the message in any of the services I gave a simple call for salvation and dozens of people ran to the altar. 

I am not bragging on myself. How could I when I hadn't even preached the message yet? It wasn't my eloquence or influence. I was simply in the sweet spot. Totally relying on God. In my weakness He showed Himself strong. 

In your weakness pray and lean the whole of your person on God. Totally depend on Him and His strength will come through. 

Have you seen God come through in a time of weakness? What does it mean to depend on God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment