Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 112 - Coming In Hot

Last year we were at one of our favorite restaurants and the following took place:

'A lady came in with a bunch of kids and her littlest girl was screaming and crying. Our waitress looked over and said “That can't be good, coming in hot already!”'

Maybe you can relate. You are enjoying your day and suddenly it is interrupted with something coming down the pipeline. It could be a person or a situation. News, especially bad news, can travel in this way. You could say like our waitress 'That can't be good. Coming in hot already!' 

It doesn't take much to set us on our guard or get us worried does it? I know personally I see certain people with a concerned look on their face and I know the next words out of their mouth will be 'I need to talk to you.' While my flesh would like to respond by saying 'Oh boy, here we go. What now?' I know that the right response is far different and ultimately far better. 

When we respond in faith saying 'We can do it' or 'I know whatever comes God has this' it makes for a much better experience. Even if it is really bad, and believe me, there are times when it has been really bad, God doesn't work on complaints, fear, doubts and unbelief. God works with faith, courage, hard work, love and uprightness. We choose where we respond from. Fear or faith. Complaint or courage. 

What is your reaction when you see problems coming your way? How can we switch from the negative fleshly responses to a faith filled response? 

No comments:

Post a Comment