Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 111 - Confidence


"Our son is full on swimming and isn't afraid at all which is a bit scary and a bit good. Once we are as confident in his abilities as he is it will be okay."

Last year we were adamant about getting our youngest son proficient in swimming. Past the obvious reasons parents want their children to swim we knew that as he had confidence he would be able to do many things that would open new opportunities to him. For instance; if he could swim he could play in the pool with his big brother and sister. He could also be safer at the beach. Additionally he could experience snorkeling should we be somewhere with a reef (which we were this year and he enjoyed seeing all the fish!). 

Confidence is the great catalyst to action. If we have confidence we can accomplish great things and new arenas of life open up to us. This confidence is not limited to ourselves but also to others in our life. If I am confident my son can swim then I am able to go out swimming with him. If I am confident in my wife then I never have to worry about her speaking on my behalf or her use of our finances. Confidence will make for a great marriage, business and life. 

The greatest confidence we can have is in our God. If we are confident in Him then we won't worry about anything. Think about it this way, God is always with you. If you are confident in Him then you are always going to have the right open doors (and closed ones too), the right protection, the right wisdom available and on and on. It makes for a worry free life and great peace. 

What have you been able to accomplish with confidence? How can we build confidence in ourselves, in others and in God?

2 comments:

  1. Since I was a little girl I always had low self esteem and no confidence in myself. I really hated it because now that am older I am a shy person and I think if I talk with someone I wont say the right words to them. Other people have seen that in me and told me I need to stop being shy and speak up because there's a lot of mean people in this world. and that's true but its easier said than done. But now that am going to church and reading God's word more and more and finding out who I am in Him I can see myself outgrowing this shyness. God is the only one who gives me confidence and what He says to me in His Word.

    ReplyDelete