Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 106 - Healthy Hate

"In church tonight Pastor Jim brought up such a good point for Christians and ministers. We need to be afraid to go back to where our failures have led us. In other words the things which we stumble in we should avoid. The Bible says to flee youthful lusts and avoid even the appearance of evil. Jude said to hate the garment stained with sin. Such strong vivid language and yet we play by the mud hole and expect to stay clean."

Our society has made hate such a bad thing. But if we hate evil then we will love good. It is such a simple concept and yet many struggle with it. I don't mind hating evil. Evil destroys people who Jesus died for. Evil breaks up marriages and leaves children without parents. Evil lands people in jails and hospital beds. I hate it. 

The Bible says we are to hate evil and cling to good. To hate something takes a willful opposition and bold moves against it. If I hate evil then anything contrary to the way of God will be my personal vendetta. I will shun it, run it out of my house, warn others about it, talk bad about it, get angry at it when it surfaces, and do everything in my power to keep it out of my life. 

How do you oppose evil? What other scriptures can help with this? 


No comments:

Post a Comment