Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 77 - A Good Laugh

"While we drove Jess was quizzing our nephew for his spelling test and tried to get him to say the definition for 'frigid' by talking about her arm. She said “I can't move my arm it is stiff and straight.” Our son chimed in and said “Mom, just move it. You can move it.” When she started to laugh and waved her hand he said “See I saw it move!” We had a good laugh about it."

A year later I read this story and still smile. It is good to remember good things and smile. There are so many things in every day that can bring us a frown. Just watch the news and the frown will come naturally. Life will give plenty of reason to be down. 

I have read that smiling releases endorphins that help you feel better and can actually change your mood. It just confirms what Will Ferrel says in the movie The Elf "I just like smiling, smiling is my favorite!" 

God has given us reasons to smile. Beauty, humor, redemption, eternity, family, friends, church and love to name a few. If we can focus our attention on what is good and remember to smile our days will be brighter. 

What makes you smile? Do you have a moment that you can't think about without a smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment