Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 67 - Dads and Daughters


Last year our family went to a birthday party at a roller skating rink and later I wrote about this humorous experience: 

"It was funny because The dad of the girl whose birthday it was saw his daughter on the rink and suddenly said 'I gotta go stop something' and skated right in between his daughter and a boy who was trying to talk to her. He came back and said 'I smelled those pheromones'."

We dads of daughters have a protective sense that goes off like Spiderman's Spidey sense when it comes to our girls. I don't care how old or how young the boy we are watching. The reason for our concern is that we were once that boy. We know what that boy is thinking about and we do not approve. 

I grew up in a house full of men. My poor mom was the only female in the house that wasn't a cat or a parakeet. Because of this fact most of what I know about raising a girl has come from my wife telling me what worked for her with her dad. 

Thank God He gave us the Holy Spirit as well. As much as we are watching He is watching all the more. He cares more for our children than we do and His love is greater as well. I trust the Holy Spirit with my children. 

Do you have any funny experiences like this either with your dad or as a parent? How has the Holy Spirit helped you in situations like this? (Whether with children, business, relationships etc.?)

No comments:

Post a Comment