Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 69 - Really Good People

Today's thought from last year is so simple I almost missed it. I was writing about some friends of ours and said:

"They are really good people."

What made these people good in my opinion was their hearts. They are genuine. Real givers. Sincerely interested in others. Prayer warriors. Truthful. I could go on but you get the point. 

We all should not only find people like this to hang around but also endeavor to emulate their best qualities. The Bible tells us that bad company corrupts good morals. It is so important to choose people who are more than their outward appearance. If we only were around the popular and the pretty we might become someone we hate. But if we get around sincere people we will become sincere ourselves. There is a Proverb that says those who walk with the wise will become wise. 

I have very few friends, true friends, who I can really open up to and trust to speak into my life. But I am okay with not having a bunch of shallow relationships. I would much rather have a few deep ones.

What are qualities you look for in a friend? How can we be a better friend? 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I am similar where I have few friend that I can truly trust to speak wisdom into my life. I too am very thankful to those few people and would rather have that then a lot of less meaningful/beneficial friendships. One unique quality I look for is, those who are slow to speak but when they do, people stop talking and listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great quality to look for. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete