Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day 74 - Two Days, Two Battles


"This morning I read the story of how the Philistines came against David after he was anointed King over Israel. David's former friend has become his foe once again. What impresses me is how David inquires of The Lord before making a move. Two days, two inquiries, two battles, two approaches, two wins. We shouldn't box up God in yesterday. He has a fresh Word and plan for today. The plan for one battle may work that day but tomorrow you need the now Word. Even if it is the same foe in the same field! Listen for God on the move."

Never was better advice given than to follow the Spirit's lead. If you know the will of God and do it you can't lose. 

Often when facing battles we turn to friends and family for advice. I know that I personally have had experiences that I talked over with everyone I could before taking it to prayer. When I finally prayed God spoke to my heart and said "Are you finally going to talk to me about it?" Oh forgive me Lord! 

God is not only our first refuge but our only refuge. I will not look to my own strength or to the wisdom of man. When facing the trials and pressures of the world I need the One that is greater on my side. 

Let's learn the lesson of David. Ask God first. Listen. Then carry out the plan. Stay connected and listen for new marching orders when God speaks. 

Has God ever given you unusual directions that you carried out and saw supernatural results? How can we develop our hearts to hear God's voice better?

No comments:

Post a Comment