Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 68 - Daylight Savings

Daylight Savings - Taken last year on March 9th at around 6:00 a.m.


"Oh how good it feels when I close my eyes. Daylight savings time in the spring is messed up. I can tolerate it in the fall even though I don't like it then either. I am just happy that my alarm worked because I miscalculated the timer in case the alarm failed. The good thing is I made it to church just fine. I was happy to have been up early because the sun rise was painting oranges and reds and pinks across the clouds in the sky. It was a quick moment and then it was gone. I always appreciate those glimpses of glory. What will heaven be like?!? ... It was hard to study for tonight's message because my head wanted to go back to bed. I suppose it is like jet lag. You have to push through and discipline yourself to go lay down and get up when you don't want to. ... Even as I type I am having a hard time focusing. Need to sleep."

This morning in our prayer time Dr. Becker, one of the pastors on our staff and a great man of God who has often spoken wisdom into my life, was praying and said, "God, men try to play with time but you made the sun to rise when it should regardless of what we try to do." I smiled because it is so true. 

I understand why we do daylight savings time but really the thought that I get from this entry last year is that of moments. Time is passing so quickly that we need to be attentive. We have a vapor at best according to the book of James. We need to redeem the time and make the most of every opportunity. 

Go ahead, start that business or that project you have been wanting to do. Tell your family and friends about Jesus. Be the dad, mom, friend, worker, person, etc., you have always wanted to be. Get after it because time is short, Heaven and Hell are real and life matters. 

How do you feel about daylight savings time? How can we make the most out of every opportunity?

No comments:

Post a Comment